With all the “Best of 2018” posts, videos, and articles on the internet at the moment, I wondered, “What would be my ideal skincare routine?” and if I knew what it looked like, what was stopping me from having it? Once you write out these obstacles, just like with a wardrobe revamp, you can start revamping your medicine cabinet too.
Upon writing out my ideal regimen, the two main reasons cited for not current having a “best of” item were (1) cost, and (2) due to my curiosity and desire to try another product and use it up, even when it wasn’t my favorite.
1. Cleanser – Bioderma Micellar Water – Cost
2. Cleanser – Farmacy Green Clean Balm or Erborian Solid Cleansing Oil – Cost/Curiosity
3. Cleanser – Krave Match Hemp Cleanser – Curiosity
4. Toner – Amorepacific Vintage Single Extract Essence – Cost
5. Serum (AM) – Cellapy A Repair Ampoule or Niod Copper Serum – Cost
6. Serum (PM) – The Ordinary Niacinamide & Zinc – Got it!
7. Moisturizer (AM) – Sunday Riley CEO Moisturizer – Got it!
8. Moisturizer (PM) – AmorePacific Essential Crème Fluid – Cost
9. Sleeping Pack – Too Cool for School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack – Curiosity
10. Sunscreen – EltaMD UV Clear Broad Spectrum – Got it!
11. Retinol – Biossance Squalane Phyto Retinol Serum – Cost
12. BHA – Cosrx BHA Power Liquid – Got it!
13. AHA – Krave Kaleahlulah – Curiosity
14. Mask – Glamglow Supermud Mask – Got it!
My conclusion: I am currently using only 35% of my ideal routine, though plenty of it is in reach. If I eliminate my bad habit of curiously trying new products for which there is already a good equivalent, as well as spending a little more, without breaking the bank, I can have 71% of my ideal arsenal.