Here are short descriptions of every bb cushion I have ever used.
1. Etude House AC Clean Up Mild BB Cushion in Natural Beige.
This is definitely a light coverage BB. It does not cover up skin imperfections like scarring and hyper-pigmentation well at all. It does help with mild pink or red flushing or irritation. The tea tree scent is nice, and it seems to absorb into skin well. It doesn’t sit as a layer on top of one’s skin. It comes in 3 different colors: Light Beige, Natural Beige, and Honey Beige (lightest to darkest). This is a nice change from the usual one or two shades. Natural Beige was a perfect match for me when I was Korean shade 23. Now that I’ve gotten a little lighter (like Korean shade 22), Light Beige is a smidge too light during summer seasons but generally works as a good much for my skintone.
2. Laneige BB Cushion (Target) Version in Light. I do not remember much about this cushion. It was reasonably good as a full coverage foundation and I did not have any problems with it, except that it was relatively pricy compared to Missha alternatives. It is no longer sold at Target. That’s a real shame because I think it was a great introduction to bb cushions for the American market.
3. Iope Air Cushion XP in C23. Iope is the OG BB cushion. It kills me to see some makeup bloggers and video content creators give an introduction to BB cushions without tribute to the trailblazer of this product category. It’s a good product too. The color matched well and the formula provided good coverage in formula with no real problems. I only stopped using it because their product was redesigned a couple times and I could not keep track of which cases or refills to buy.
4. Missha Signature Essence Cushion in 23 Natural Beige – Very moist. Does seem to hydrate well, or at least doesn’t dehydrate the skin. 23 is a slight color mismatch for me as the undertones are a little too pink. It does sit on the skin a bit, leaving marks if you touch your face after application. Perhaps it needs to be set with powder.
5. April Skin Magic Snow Cushion (Black) in 22 Pink Beige. I got samples of these at KCON from the generous and friendly April Skin booth. Upon first use, both me and my friend, who tried it on her face as well, remarked on the great coverage. It covers up imperfections very efficiently. I was very impressed. Upon second use, however, I realized the full coverage came with the trait of being very heavy in one’s skin, and the thick formula also sits on the skin a bit, like Missha’s BB as mentioned above.
At the moment, I’m content using the Etude House AC cushion as my main foundation. I would like to add in more full coverage base product for special events. The ones I’m eyeing for future trials are Apieu’s Wonder Tension Pact (green version with madecassoside) and Klairs Mochi BB Cushion because they have dewy finishes and reasonable coverage.