It’s 6 months into the year of 2017 and I have made remarkable progress through my 2017 wishlist, without too much damage to my wallet since I chose reasonably priced items and my purchases were spread out over time.
Echoing how my hair care choices and sheet mask purchases were influenced by others, my new wishlist additions are also unintentionally influenced by both celebrities and content creators, especially ones that have a similar skin type and tone to myself. The power of endorsement is quite strong.
- Sana’s Namerakahonpo Soy Emulsion NA – I saw this receive good remarks as a Best Pick on Ratzilla’s blog and she’s one tough critic. I’ve tried Sana’s stuff before without significant problems, and this is reasonably-priced, so it’s going on my list. Plus, soy is an antioxident I haven’t tried yet.
- Etude House’s Moistfull Collegen Cream – According to a very cool tumblr blog called Dewybangtan, which identifies products used by kpop hip hop group BTS, this was spotted in one of the member’s suitcases.
- Belif’s The True Cream Aqua Bomb – Another jar spotted in BTS’ photos. I am hesitating on this as the price tag is much higher than I prefer. Available at Sephora in the US.
- Beauty of Joseon’s Dynasty Cream – This was raved about on Snow White and the Asian Pear. I want to see what all the ado is about. This is sold at one of my favorite local shops, Crystal Cove Beauty, for a reasonable price around $20.
Serums & Essences
- Stratia’s Rewind – Because it has niacinamide and n-acetyl for hyperpigmentation. Bought this already and currently trying.
- Manyo Factory’s Galactos. Niacin Essence – Niacinamide for hyperpigmentation. I will try this after finishing Stratia Rewind.
- Benton’s Snail Bee High Content Essence- It has a bunch of good things, including Snail, Arbutin, EGF, Azeleic Acid, and more. I will get this after my Deciem Arbutin serum is empty. It’s sold at my local mall’s Tokyo Lifestyle store for a fantastic price.
- Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum – An eye serum noted by Youtube Content Creator Gothamista as a good preventative serum. I’ll get this after I finish my current ROC eye cream.
- Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream SPF 34 – Another recommendation from Gothimista.
- A dusty rose pink or mauve eyeshadow – Pony Park, makeup extraordinaire, used Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #33, which is a matte mauve, in her Natural Makeup Tutorial. I’d like to find a similar pink shade for my minimal makeup days. MAC’s Haux or Vapour looks good. Colourpop’s Bill, Brady, and Tang also fit the bill (pun intended).
- MAC Eye Shadows in Soba, Wedge and – Pony uses Soba and Wedge in her videos all the time. They are her staple pieces. I think they’d be good as allover lid colors.
- MAC Lustre Lipstick in Patisserie – Yet another popstar makeup item I saw identified as used by BTS on their Dope MV. It’s a nice neutral to offset the collection of bold lipsticks I currently have from Maybelline, and replace my current neutral lipcolor, Bobbi Brown’s Sweet Nectar.
- Nars Eyeshadow in Galapagos – The female singer in pop duo AKMU, Suhyun, featured this deep brown shade in her youtube videos. I think it’d be good for the outer v. Colourpop’s Mooning may be a dupe for this.
- Bvlgari Omnia Paraiba EDT – Used the youngest member of BTS, as mentioned in a What’s in My Bag? Magazine feature. Sephora has a travel size option for $25.
- Moulton Brown in Rosa Absolute – Also used by a member of BTS, as seen in their room during their Home Party anniversary celebration videos.