I’ve finished my entire 100ml bottle of Shark Sauce, which I bought last October during Holy Snails’ Black Friday and with heavy, daily use. Now, that I’ve finished it and ceased use, I have a better impression of it then my initial impressions.
Though it did not help with lightening PIH as much as I had hoped, it was very good for hydration. I noticed after I ceased use of the serum that my skin was not as well hydrated anymore, and that the replacement serum of TO’s Hyaluronic Acid could not live up to its predecessor in that regard. I also like the ingredient list, as it has a lot of melanin inhibitors I want to focus on after watching Gothamista’s video on Hyperpigmentation (Niacinamide, N Acetyl, Green Tea, and Licorice). I’d give it 4/5 stars.
It is a little pricier than I prefer, so I want to look at other options before I have to return to Shark Sauce. Next up on my list to try are:
- Stratia’s Rewind – Niacinamide, N-Acetyl
- Manyo Factory’s Galactos Niacin Essence – Niacinamide, Ferment
- Deciem’s Alpha Arbutin – Arbutin
- Benton’s Snail Bee High Content Essence – Snail, Arbutin, EGF, Azelaic Acid, Ferment
- Innisfree’s Green Tea Serum – Green Tea